In the case of Diablo Immortal, it is using Legendary Crests, which can be Diablo 4 Gold  earned or purchased, to increase the likelihood of a 5-star gem appearing in dungeons at the end of the game. Players are still engaging with the kind of randomness in a similar way, despite the fact that its presentation is not entirely traditional (the majority of gacha are performed by "rolling" on a banner that is only available for a limited time). As Maddy Myers wrote a few weeks ago, the Diablo series has been developing these mechanics in many ways since its inception.

Diablo Immortal also clearly draws direct inspiration from a "feeding" mechanic that has been commonplace in numerous mobile games from China, Korea, and Japan for more than a decade. Obtaining a duplicate of a drop is known as "feeding," and it involves increasing an item's stats, attributes, or rarity. After that, these duplicates are fed to an item of the same rarity to boost its overall stats. The industry standard for maxing out an item or character is five copies.

Fate/Grand Order, which was first released in Japan in July 2015 and made $4 billion worldwide in 2019, was my first introduction to "feeding." I needed to get copies of each character in order to make them the best they could be. And when a particular banner appeared, I ended up spending more than 300 euros to acquire the 5-star character that I had long desired. However,

I never managed to acquire the duplicates I required to fully appreciate this character's potential. It came as no surprise that I was unable to obtain a copy of the character while I was playing the game, which I have since uninstalled, given that the rates for the most valuable 5-star characters currently hover around 1%. Fate/Grand Order was  buy Diablo IV Gold the seventh most successful mobile game as of July 2021, just behind Puzzle & Dragons by Konami, which is also a gacha game.